Regional Integration Fund
The Health and Social Care Regional Integration Fund (RIF) is a new five year Welsh Government funded programme that will help to improve health and social care services.
Regional Partnership Boards (RPBs) have tested and developed key models of integrated care that are now providing essential services as part of our health and social care system in Wales.
With the commencement of the new Health and Social Care Regional Integration Fund (RIF) we are now in a position to further embed these models of care into core services whilst maintaining some scope for the continued development of new ones. The RIF is a key lever to drive change and transformation across the health and social system. Our aim is that by the end of the five year programme we will have:
- established and mainstreamed at least six new national models of integrated care.
- an effective and seamless service experience.
- sped up health and social care development and demonstrated their value.
- national models of care embedded across Wales.
Who does it support?
- Older people with complex needs
- People with Dementia
- Unpaid Carers, including Young Carers
- Children with Complex Needs
- People with emotional and mental health well-being needs
- People with Learning Disability and Neurodevelopmental conditions